- 1 cup chopped leaks
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped organic carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
Sauté the above ingredients in 2-3 tablsp. olive oil in a large soup pot until soft.
- 1 14 oz. can of crushed organic fire roasted tomatoes
- 16 oz. container of organic vegetable stock
- 16 oz. organic chicken stock
- ¼ tsp saffron threads
- ½ cup dried white beans
Stir in the tomatoes, stock, dried white beans and saffron. Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer the soup until the beans are soft.
- 1 cup of red tomatoes with the skin on cut into cubes.
Add the potatoes and cook until they are almost tender.
- 2/3 cup whole wheat spaghetti broken into 1 inch pieces
Add the spaghetti and simmer for 10 minutes
- 1 small package of fresh baby spinach
- 1 ½ cup basil leaves ,3 garlic cloves, and 1/4 cup olive oil pureed in a food processor
Stir in the spinach and pureed basil and garlic into the soup. Simmer for five minutes. Turn off the heat and let the soup rest for a minimum of 10-15 minutes.
Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a hot, crisp baguette.