It’s a real kid- pleaser as well as being gluten and dairy- free!!!!
1 head organic cauliflower, cut into small chunks
2 T olive oil or organic canola oil
1-2 leeks, green parts discarded
Handful walnuts or cashews
2-3 T sesame seeds
4 oz. chicken stock or veggie stock
3-5 garlic cloves, to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Diced parsley for garnish
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add chopped onion and garlic and heat until translucent.
2. Add water or stock to saucepan along with cauliflower, nuts and sesame seeds.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes uncovered on low.
4. Let cool , then transfer to a blender or use hand emulsifier to blend to desired consistency.
5. Blend in avocado and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with chopped parsley on top for color and flavor!