- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and deseeded
- 1/2 onion, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 pepper (use a sweet one: red, yellow or orange) cut into large chunks
- 1/2 organic (Non GM) zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 Handful of spinach
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Handful shredded parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle Herbes de Provence or other Italian herbs
- Salt, pepper, and fresh chopped garlic to taste
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
After halving the squash and deseeding it, place it on a greased baking sheet (middle side down!) and bake for 30 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
Heat 2 T olive oil over medium high heat in a large sauté pan with the veggies. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, adding your spinach last, after the heat is turned off.
When spaghetti the squash has cooled, use a fork to scrape the flesh out into a large bowl. Toss with the veggies and extra olive oil. We also served it with a side of baked garlic and pesto. The younger kids don’t like a lot of sauce so they had it plain but we loved it with homemade Brussels sprouts pesto and a smear of baked garlic on the side!!